Saturday, October 1, 2011

I broke my one rule...

So first off, let me apologize for not really updating this week. I'm trying to actually pass my classes this semester so homework has had me swamped, that and some personal vendettas as well. Updating the blog was not really on the priorities list for this week and to be honest I kind of want to put this week behind me because it wasn't a good one, also I apologize for not having a Red State review like I promised, the event sold out so I wasn't able to go. I have also been too busy to stream the movie but will eventually get to that its just gonna take a while, but anyways enough about me, lets talk Dark Knight Rises News.


So filming is pretty much done in Los Angeles. A casting call has been thrown out to New York, of course under that working title "Magnus Rex". A couple key scenes were shot in LA featuring the feline vixen, what seems to be the big buzz around miss Hathaway is her suit was finally fully revealed. I personally like it, it reminds me of the old Catwoman costume that Julie Newmar wore from Adam West's Batman. Once again however fanboys are lashing out, now its too much like a cat. I don't get it you can't ever please these people. This isn't the first time Nolan has used the 1960's Batman as inspiration for something in this film series. Remember the Joker clown mask in the bank robbery scene in the Dark Knight? Cesar Romero's Joker wore that mask first, so its safe to say Nolan gets his Batman sources from all related media. Not sure if Julie Newmar was an inspiration for the suit but you can't help but see the resemblance. The pic hasn't been officially revealed by Warner Bros, so the pics around the net are set pics. I know I said I wouldn't post any set pics up on this blog, but they don't really spoil anything. I came across them sort of by accident. I haven't looked up the plot or anything so these pics just cause anticipation and speculation for me, I hope posting them does the same for others. If seeing this pics has killed the integrity of the movie for you then I apologize. I felt that it was necessary for me to post them up and show whats been shot without really showing what has been shot. Does that even make sense? 

 
Julie Newmar on the left, Hathaway on the right. I don't see how this suit looks ridiculous

Romero's clown mask is almost identical to Heath's. Nolan definitely was a fan of the Adam West Batman
I am still super stoked for this movie more then you guys would know. My friend told me that one of her friends got to be an extra in the film and got to have a full on convo with Tom Hardy. I geeked out when she told me, I was also jealous because I auditioned for it, and as you can tell was not called back. Anyways the Bane pics I posted might be from LA they might not, they might be from Pittsburgh, I am not 100 percent sure and I am not really looking into it either. Enjoy them is all I am saying. I like his look, I am glad he doesn't have a giant tube in his head like in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Not entirely sure if anything will be added on to him in post production but if its not I am totally fine with it. He looks bad ass, and apparently is beating Bats pretty bad too. So that's all I got news wise, or at least what I am willing to reveal haha. There is still that false rumor that Aaron Eckhart will show up on a set, I don't get why, people are just in denial at this point. Two-Face is dead. You might get Liam Neeson but that right now is just a rumor too, I don't know of any scenes with Josh Pence that have been shot yet, for those who don't remember who he is, he is playing Ra's Al Ghul. I'm assuming his stuff is in New York or there is a good chance his stuff was shot overseas, One more thing I'm going to add before I end this is Juno Temple has been cast in this film as well. She is apparently the main girl in the new Three Musketeers movie, reason this is big is her character is rumored to be Holly Robinson. Holly Robinson is Catwoman's side kick. So that's it for this update on The Dark Knight Rises. Just as a teaser for the next one I will go into some rumors as to who certain actors are playing, like Joesph Gordon Levitt and Marion Cotilliard. There are a lot of rumors, stupid rumors, as to who there characters really are in the film, but I will touch on that next time. 
I like this outfit, its more urban then pro wrestler like in the comics
This pic is just bad ass, I'm just leaving it at that

No comments:

Post a Comment