Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Joker in Dark Knight Rises... yeah right Let's not blow this out of porpotion

Okay so lets get the rumor in the title clarified, Joker is not returning. I put that in there simply to grab peoples attention. Nolan has clarified that Joker is not going to pop up in Rises at all. No cameo, no voice over, no picture, nothing. I am of course deeply saddened by this news but understand why it is that way. I bring this up because a lot of people have the idea that Joker is still in this movie, and that he is the big twist during the climax. Joesph Gordon Levitt's character is rumored to be the Joker in disguise. Its all but wishful thinking. Its not probable, it would be sort of cool but at the same time a cheap parlor trick. Yes Joesph Gordon Levitt and Heath Ledger have a similar appearance, but Joesph Gordon Levitt's character is a whole new character not in the comics just for the film, I know the name of the character but in case you want to be kept in the dark on it, I will black out his character's name. Just highlight it with the cursor so you can see it if you choose too. (John Blake) is the name of his character and he is a special cop in Gordon's Unit, he might have a hidden plot twist in the story but even if that is the case it won't be as the Joker. I would love for the Joker to show up, to be honest I have the way I want the scene to be played out in my head. It doesn't ever show his face and I feel its very respectful to Ledger and leaves everyone with an awesome feeling if they were to shoot it. My idea is show Harley Quinn break him out of his cell, show him from the back or show his shadow, you have his maniacal laugh echo through the asylum and then boom credit roll. I would geek out if that was real but it won't happen. If Levitt's Character does have a plot twist, I would bet it would involve him being part of the league of shadows or something along that. Definitely no Joker.

They might look the same but there is no chance that the Joker is being played by Levitt


Another rumored character in Rises is the character of Talia Al Ghul. That is the character that Marion Cotillard is rumored to be playing. Like Levitt's character, Marion has stated in interviews that her character is not in any comics and is solely made up for this film. That might be true but it is possible her character could be Talia Al Ghul. After all her father is in the movie, so it would make sense to have Talia in the movie if Ra's is. For those who don't know the character of Talia, she is the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul. She has a love and hate relationship with Batman, literally. She bares Batman's son Damian Wayne but because of her fathers hatred for Batman and her loyalty to Ra's she too tries to kill Batman. Like the whole Catwoman/Batman love thing there relationship is complicated. The reason her character is most likely in this movie is because there was a comic with Ra's, Bane and her. Ra's wanted Bane to marry her to take over the League of Shadows. Its possible that the comic could be played out in some context in the film but its not a fact.  Marion's character hasn't been confirmed as a major role but she has supposedly had scenes with Christian Bale, like Levitt's character I will blackout her name and you can scroll over it if you want. Miranda Tate, she is a executive adviser to Bruce Wayne. This is one of those rumors that is actually possible, I for one would like a similar plot twist to Begins where you find out her character is Talia Al Ghul but its simply speculation at this point.

Talia Al Ghul in the middle of Batman and Ra's Al Ghul.
There is a couple other rumors out there but I don't need to go into details on them. Everyone knows Harvey Dent isn't coming back at least in the present time line of the film. I have already given my two cents on Two-Face but if you need to hear it again its, ta dah... Nolan said he is dead. So there yeah go. Scarecrow hasn't been confirmed for a cameo, honestly he doesn't need one but if he pops up again then that's still pretty cool. Penguin and Riddler are not in the film, there characters might be mentioned as cameos but simply as their aliases Oswald Cobblepot and Edward Nashton or Nigma whatever the heck comic book continuity they go with for Riddler but as far as being in the film we all no that's a big fat NO. There is no Black Mask, there is supposedly a Mad Scientist character that has been added to the cast. I will try to find out more info on it, rumor is its Hugo Strange but I doubt it. Nolan has a lot of characters in the movie already, I know he would be able to pull off multiple villains because his whole Batman Universe has had multiple villains in each film but I doubt Strange would pop up as a key villain in the film. Then again I am not Nolan so you never know maybe its all true. One fact I will bring to this post is the Football Team for the movie is called the Gotham Rogues. Key Pittsburgh Steelers players are in the movie as part of the team, Hines Ward and Ben Roethlisberger are the two I know are confirmed. The logos pretty cool, I don't like the Steelers colors I am not a fan but if this shirt or jersey becomes available for purchase best believe I will buy it.
Not a fan of Steeler's colors but its still cool none the less

That's all I got for this post, its not really breaking news but there hasn't been really any big ones that I can report anyway. Remember I did break the posting set pics rule but the stuff I am posting isn't big shocking secrets that will really distract the overall experience of the film. There is a chance I might post set pics again but its very unlikely, they would have to be similar to what I posted last time. With the final two months of filming underway though I feel everything that would show up on the net would be spoilers anyway. So yeah enough about the rant, there is my latest post hope it entertained you for the time frame you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment